Decorating Small Rooms
Well.. small rooms can be a challenge and we will explore some ideas for decorating small rooms.There are certain things that you should take into consideration when decorating small rooms.
First ask yourself how much light is coming into this room as this will help you decide on your paint color. Small rooms need a lot of light . There are many books on this subject that can help and these are is two of my favorites. They can be purchased at Amazon.com Below I am going to list some tips that you can do at will make a small space seem larger
10 Tips for Decorating Small Rooms
1. Use accent mirrors because they reflect the light and give an illusion of the room being larger than it is. Now how cool is that.
2. Use furniture for small rooms that will fit the size of the room without over crowding it.If
you must use large pieces of furniture then use a smaller amount of furniture in the room. This tan 3pcs Sectional Sofa Set
would be great for a small space because you wouldn’t need any more furniture in the room. everything you need is there.
3. Use inexpensive area rugs to bring your theme together.
There are many colors,styles and different fabrics to choose from.
Not only will area rugs bring your rooms theme together they will also ad warmth to your room.
4. Hang a picture at eye level and then hang another one right above it as this will draw the eye up create an air of more space.
5. Ad a shelf about 10 inches down from the ceiling and this will also draw the eyes upward. Crown molding is an added feature to any room as well as a small room.
6. Floor to ceiling book shelves or cabinets acts as a feature to make the appearance of a larger space.
7. Using beds for small rooms can help you have more room in a cramped bedroom. If you use a bed without a head board it will fit closer to the wall and give you more space. It can even be
placed below a window. This is an example of beds for small rooms
If you will notice the bed to the right does not have a head board therefore it can fit closely to the wall and give you more walk around space. If you have any comments please leave them below and go back up to the top of the page and sign up to receive my latest tips on cheap home decorating ideas and tips on how to stay organized.